Penguin Safari Backup Fourm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dexter gift set seasons 1-5 cheap

Go down

Dexter gift set seasons 1-5 cheap Empty Dexter gift set seasons 1-5 cheap

Post  chr145206 Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:09 pm

"Good series - bad packaging ""Although my favorite doctor will always be Tennent, Series 5 of Doctor Who is a fun abd exciting watch. True, they don't get into the feelings of the characters like Davies did, but it was time for a change.My big problem is with the packaging of this box set. It has already been noted in many reviews that One Tree Hill dvd season 1-7 the box tends to fall apart because of the single piece of tape that binds the case together, so I won't dwell on that. What upsets me is the lack of extras that the earlier box sets had. For 4 years, each episode had a commentary track, there was loads of extra footage (video diaries, outtakes, deleted scenes, etc) and even a nice booklet with a good essay from one of the production team members. Gone is booklet, replaced by some cheesy stickers, the video diary footage is chintzy at best, buy MASH seasons 1-11 the individual monster featurettes actual recycle some of the footage scene buy Boston Legal season 1-5 in the Confidential episodes and, worst of all, less than half of the episodes have commentary. True, they are "in-vision" commentaries, but what's the point of that? Does it matter that we can see who is commenting on the action in a little window that blocks a part of the screen? Worse still, Matt Smith doesn't do any of the commentary tracks at all. Gillian does 2 tracks and Darvil does one, but I must say that the commentators on "Vampires in Venice" left me wanting. Sure, some of the commentary tracks on the other box sets weren't great, but there was always enough good tracks for balance. Maybe I'm spoiled by having David Tennant and Catherine Tate doing the commentaries (which were always filled with laughs), but the producers Monk dvd seasons 1-8 full screen could have done a better job than that. When I buy a box set, it's because I want the type of extras that you can't get by buying the discs separately. Try harder next year,"" guys. Cheap Bastards. """""
"the best of new-who ""Matt Smith just reeks of brilliance. He's strange, funny, has a lot of heart, yet still seems like he is an alien from a totally different planet. Yeah, David Tennant had some brilliant years as The Doctor but the new series has never been better, and Matt Smith proves to be the best Doctor yet. Steven Moffat shows his exceptional skill as a showrunner; he manages to tie together the It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia dvd box set 1-5 buy cheap entire season without making it confusing for newcomers and casual viewers. He also proves to be far superior to previous showrunner Russel T. Davies at writing season openers and closers, writing the best premier and finale buy Rescue Me 1-5 so far. Of course the season is not perfect, and like every show there are a couple of dud episodes (like Victory of the Daleks or Vampires of Venice). However, there are some episodes unlike any of the previous seasons (The Lodger) and some concepts they Psych all 1-5 seasons usually get wrong that they pulled off brilliantly (Vincent and the Doctor).One more little thing: lots of people Bones season 1-5 cheap expected episodes from Moffat as great as his work in the past. Yeah, I agree, none of his episodes this year were as stand-out as Blink or The Girl in the Fireplace,"" but the overall excellence of this batch of episodes totally makes it worthwhile for me. """""
"Disjointed Daleks & a Dashed DVD Box Set ""It's always difficult when a new Doctor Who comes into the picture, but I found it excruciating when Matt Smith took over the role because he doesn't seem comfortable with the part. Everything seems completely disjointed in season five--there are things that work brilliantly on their own, but not when you combine them. The pairing of the 11th Doctor and the character of Amy Pond is tremendous, but they don't fit well with any of the story lines. River Song is a great character to bring back, but she is too strong for the portrayal Matt Smith is delivering. Amy's fiance, Rory (Arthur Darvill) is one of the highlights of the series, he presents purchase The Wire season 1-5 a good foil for Doctor Who.There are some puzzling changes to season five. Why are the Daleks different colors? Why is the light in Doctor Who's sonic screwdriver green? The most disturbing change is in the episode "The Time of Angels" when Doctor Who, a "man" who loathes violence, fires a gun. This DVD box set seems to have been put together fairly quickly. The DVD cases are held together by tape, and the descriptions of The Wire season 1-5 the episodes can all be found in a handful of words on the inside flap. There is no concise guide to the extras, which are themselves considerably lacking. There are in-vision commentaries (as opposed to audio commentaries) on only six of the 13 episodes, and Matt Smith is not on any of them. The Doctor Who Gilmore Girls season 1-7 cheap video diary, which is the personal video diary of the actor playing the Doctor, is barely present, and the parts of the video diary that did make it onto the DVD include Matt Smith talking about how much he hates making the video diary. Matt Smith must have been behind in his video diary because there is footage from Arthur Darvill and Karen Gillan (Amy Pond) on the DVD. If you can wait until the price on the box set goes down, then you should wait. If you're a die hard Doctor Who fan, then this is something you will probably want to have in your collection as soon as you can. Just be warned,"" the quality of this box set is far below its predecessors. If you have not seen this regeneration there are some major changes that go beyond the Doctor's personality. """""
"Dubious at First ""As a younger viewer I never saw the original show. I began watching with Christopher Eccleston as the doctor and enjoyed the show very much. When David Tennant took over the reins I fell in love. After three magnificent seasons with Tennant heading the show I became dubious that anyone could step into the role and maintain the quality of the show. Enter Matt Smith; Smith is a very young actor who has the burden of playing a very old soul. It is easy to see the Doctor evolving from the serious Eccleston to the funny, but sometimes stern Tennant, to the almost effervescent Smith. Anyone who has watch since the beginning of the new series knows that this is due to his interactions with his companions, and this brings up to Karen Gillan's role as Amy Pond. Now I love Billie Piper in the role of Rose Tyler; she was strong, vulnerable, loving, and beautiful to watch. Amy Cold Case series 1-7 boxset Pond is nothing like Rose Tyler, but she is all of the things I have just mentioned and more. She's spunky, she's independent, and she knows she can pretty much make the Doctor do anything she wants him to. All in all, season 5 introduces some incredibly appealing characters, and some ridiculously Dexter gift set seasons 1-5 cheap fun story arcs, most notably to reintroduction of the character River Song,"" the mysterious character from season 4.Season 5 is the first season I am purchasing because it's not available through my instant watch service yet. I had not really realized how much I loved this season until I found myself getting more and more excited as I got closer to season 5 when re-watching the series. It's a sneaky season that way. """""
"Doctor Who Keeps in Going...Great! ""Got the DVD three days ago and watched every single episode in Grey's Anatomy complete seasons 1-6 box set an orgy of fun. Watched all the special features Burn Notice boxed set 1-4 too.There's a new Doctor Who with Matt Smith as The Doctor,"" and Karen Gillan as his companion. Thoroughly enjoyed Rescue Me complete dvd collection 1-5 this season as I have enjoyed all the other seasons.Doctor Who is the best science fiction I've ever seen on television. """""

chr145206

Back to top Go down