Penguin Safari Backup Fourm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ncis season 1-7

Go down

ncis season 1-7 Empty ncis season 1-7

Post  chr145206 Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:11 pm

"Not my Doctor ""Let me start out by saying I'm a life-long Doctor Who fan. Growing up in the 80s, Tom Baker OZ series 1-6 was invariably my Doctor. Then David Tenant came along and I changed my Doctors. Enter Matt Smith. I wouldn't call him a "great" (but probably better than Colin Baker or Sylvester McCoy) but he's holding his own. And honestly, the writing on the show this season isn't great. But having said that, this is still a fun show to watch and definitely worth the time. For those new to The Simpsons dvd season 1-21 the DW universe,"" start with season 1 but hold out judgement until season 2...probably the best season of the whole series.Get season 5 The Office seasons 1-6 if you're a Who fan and just can't get enough or if you just want a goofy scifi to kick back and enjoy. Don't get this season if you're Doctor Who dvd set 1-5 expecting the charisma/likability of David Tenant's Doctor or if you're expecting Charmed seasons 1-8 cheap the really good storytelling of the previous 4 seasons. """""
"Getting to hate Doctor Who ""Much as I loved David Tennant's Doctor Who, I was open to the new team of Matt Smith (as DW) and Stephen Moffat (as director). I liked the first episode, but grew to increasingly dislike the new team as I watched more episodes. I have now reached the point where I loathe Smith.In a way, I can't exactly blame him because Smith is too young to be Doctor Who. Maybe it's his limitation as an actor, but 27-year-old Matt Smith portrays Doctor Who as a 27-year-old or even younger. His Doctor Who lacks wisdom Star Trek Deep Space Nine 1-7 dvd box set (that can only come from age and experience), passion and brilliance of intellect (which Tennant had in loads), and the sadness of being the last of his species and of having seen so much suffering and misery. Instead, Smith's Doctor Who is physically gawky (like some bumbling teenager), Two and a Half Men dvd 1-7 not particularly brilliant (how many times did Amy, a 20-year-old earthling with neither education nor special training, come up with the solution to their predicament? Puleese), and most offensive of all, is rude (telling others One Tree Hill dvd collection including season 1-7 to "Shut Up!) and RESORTS TO VIOLENCE (which violates Doctor Who's very nature).I'm also weary of how Moffat and the writers make every episode incomplete -- they continue on and bleed into each other. No episode is truly a stand-alone episode. If Smith and Moffat continue what they've done in this season,"" I will no longer watch Doctor Who. It has become a "Saturday morning" cartoon for little kiddies. """""
"Disappointed ""As others have said in their reviews, the 5th series never matched the brilliance of the previous 4 seasons... not in the acting nor in the writing. I was willing to give Smith lots of room to make the Doctor his own, (especially after the stellar work of Eccleston and Tennant), but he just is not convincing. He is far too immature to pull it off, as is Gillian. But the biggest let-down was the writing... almost nothing original, and nothing of any substance... as immature as the actors. The one exception was the Vincent van Gogh story, which I thought was well done and up to the standards of the previous seasons. Even the TARDIS is a Two and a Half Men 1-7 buy let-down... looking like a cheap circus. Sigh... I tried to like it (since I'm a big fan), but I just couldn't. I really hope the next season is better, and maybe Psych complete box set 1-5 Smith will grow into the Doctor's shoes and find some of the Doctor's wisdom. My real rating is 2 1/2 stars,"" but I'll bump it to 3 because I liked the previous seasons so much. """""
"Matt McCoy is fine but.... ""The writing is very uneven for this 5th series. Gone are everything familiar about the show where can I buy seasons of Rizzoli and Isles in the past except the Boston Legal complete seasons 1-5 dvd Tardis. Matt Smith is good as the Doctor. His portrayal offers a The Office seasons 1-6 dvd boxset more quirky Doctor and Karen Gillian is fun too, I just think Moffat, whom I had a lot of faith in,"" hasn't quite gotten in the groove yet. Time to bring back some of the writers from the previous series and get it back on track. The season ender is a step in ncis season 1-7 the right direction. The Lodger is step in the wrong. """""
"I was disappointed ... ""With Series Five, at least for our family, Saturday nights were set aside for watching Doctor Who. However, as the season progressed, we found ourselves actually forgetting to watch. The stories were just not intriguing enough to keep us interested.As for Matt Smith, I loved Grey's Anatomy season 1-6 for sale him. He is cute and reminiscent of Everybody loves Raymond series 1-9 boxset Tom Baker enough to engender a love of him in the role. However, while Karen is a good actor, I did not care for her character at all and I especially hated her too short mini skirts.All in all, I think I will purchase a couple of the Tom Baker episodes rather than the Fith Series. Hopefully,"" the next season will be an improvement. """""

chr145206

Back to top Go down